Overall Experience

Overall I enjoyed the experience, I feel that it allowed me to explore with how I created work and how I reacted to virtual interaction. Personally, trying to manipulate the virtual body was the most challenging principle for me as I didn’t feel I was being creative in what I was doing. I think it was easier to just improvise with the virtual body in all of the principles because it didn’t give you time to overthink what you were doing and if it looked right, on the flip side it was difficult to create work quickly that reacted to what we were being told to do. This was because I kept going back to the start of the video when I got stuck and I didn’t create much work. If I was to use these principles of interaction in my work I would use augmented expression. I think it allowed you to be more creative and didn’t really consist of any rules other than creating a relationship with the virtual body. I gained the confidence in using technology in my work which I was previously comfortable with mainly because I didn’t know how to use the projectors. Finally I have enjoyed working for someone else and being told what to do and how to create movement.